What is Cardiovascular Disease and the symptoms?
The term cardiovascular disease (CVD) is used to describe many different conditions affecting the heart and blood vessels. The most common and serious types of CVD include:
- Coronary Heart Disease – disease of the blood vessels supplying the heart muscle;
- Cerebrovascular Disease – disease of the blood vessels supplying the brain;
- Peripheral Arterial Disease – disease of blood vessels supplying the arms and legs;
- Rheumatic Heart Disease – damage to the heart muscle and heart valves from rheumatic fever, caused by streptococcal bacteria;
- Congenital Heart Disease – malformations of heart structure existing at birth;
- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism – blood clots in the leg veins, which can dislodge and move to the heart and lungs.
CVD remains a major health problem in Australia, despite declining mortality and hospitalisation rates. It generally has a greater impact on males, the elderly, Indigenous Australians and people living in remote and socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Studies have shown that plant based endocannabinoid medicine can potentially improve Cardiovascular Disease symptoms. Endocannabinoid medicine may improve some heart-related symptoms. Endocannabinoid medicines can improve resting blood pressure and blood pressure spikes related to stress in people without heart conditions . Plant based medicine could potentially improve vasorelaxation, or opening of arteries for better blood flow, as well as reduce inflammation.
Are you suffering from Cardiovascular Disease or its symptoms?
BOOK a consultation with one of our doctors now explore plant based and endocannabinoid measures.